POSITION: Homemaker/Adult Care Services HOURS OF WORK: Casual on-call REPORTS TO: Adult/Elder’ Care Coordinator or designate
POSITION SUMMARY: This position reports to the Adult/Elder’ Care Coordinator and will work with Tsawout community member Adults/Elders, to provide homemaker services, assist with household tasks and provide transportation.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and cook nutritional meals
- Sweep, vacuum or mop kitchen and living room floors
- Clean kitchen and living room areas
- Clean washrooms and mop bathroom floors as required
- Wash dishes and help keep fridge and cupboards clean
- Assist with minor household repairs
- Client transportation, i.e., to the grocery store, pharmacy, medical appointments, and at times to community/Elder gatherings within the community/ies.
- Assist with laundry
- Report unsafe conditions or client concerns to supervisor.
- Keep and maintain a client schedule and submit on a bi-weekly basis (along with timesheets)
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for client rights, dignity, and self worth at all times.
- Attend staff meetings and in-house training as requested
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Tsawout policies and procedures, and as directed by the Supervisor (leave in or take out)