Attention all Tsawout Students and Youth up to 22 years! Are you interested in earning a living in the Commercial Fishing Industry?
C-FIT (Commercial Fishing Indigenous Students Training) is designed to make First Nation Youth ready for Commercial Fishing.
- Reconnecting with Coast Salish way of life.
- Program based on entry-level Transport Canada Certification.
- Includes real-life experience with commercial vessels, commercial dockside activities, and commercial gear.
- Program blends traditional fishing knowledge with modern commercial fishing practices.
- Program supports transition to employment as a deckhand on a commercial vessel.
- Program helps students meet graduation requirements.
- Camosun College Vessel Simulator
- Commercial Fishing Trips
- Institute of Ocean Sciences
- Department of National Defence
- National Weather Station
- Goldstream Hatchery
- Joint Rescue and Coordination Centre
- Just to name a few!
Presented in partnership with CSETS ( Coast Salish Training and Employment Society), Salish Strait Seafoods, and School District 63.