About the Opportunity
POSITION SUMMARY. This is a part-time position (3 days/week) that reports to the Band Manager, and oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and property tax administration functions.
- Oversees implementation and application of professional accounting and financial management services for all aspects of Tsawout First Nation’s operations.
- Develops and implements financial policies, procedures and standards in accordance with the requirements of Council and generally accepted accounting principles;
- Ensures that revenue and related funds are properly managed and that expenditures are in accordance with policy and the budgets approved by the Tsawout First Nation Council;
- Provides financial advice and guidance to the Council and Management staff;
- Accounts for the operation and review of internal audit functions that ensure financial systems control, asset control, expenditure control and revenue control;
- Oversees budget planning and development and prepares annual budget for approval by Council;
- Prepares monthly financial statements and reports including revenue and expenditure forecasting and rate of return on investments;
- Oversees and controls records of Tsawout First Nation assets including acquisitions and disposals;
- Ensures annual audit requirements are met, coordinates financial requirements for external auditors and reports results to Council;
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of all financial data, financial systems and processes by developing and implementing feedback mechanisms to ensure that controls and financial systems are operating effectively with all parties;
- Manages regular reconciliation of all bank accounts and statements;
- Oversees investment accounts; including disbursement of funds and collection of revenue;
- Assists with human resource management activities (employees and contractors), including recruiting and selecting staff, providing managerial guidance, effective staff development and regular performance feedback.
- Provides a range of administrative services for Tsawout First Nation, as required by the Band Manager.
Fore more information, and details on how to apply, please click the button below.