elcome to our Tsawout First Nation web site, on behalf of all our people! It is with great honor that we, as a Tsawout people, share little bit of who we are and what we are all about.
-Tsawout First Nation Administration
Our vision is the empowerment of our people, spiritually, intellectually, physically and emotionally, by providing through mutual understanding a safe, open and fair environment for our community. Appreciating our youth and valuing our elders through traditional teachings and cultural practices. Along this journey, we will treat each other with respect, empathy, strength, pride and equality.
JOB POSTING - Band Manager
About the Opportunity
Recognizing the importance of strong organizational leadership when it comes to delivering the very best of services to their community, Chief and Council are looking to attract an accomplished Band Manager to ensure the organization continues to grow in a healthy and prosperous manner. Reporting to Council with a direct reporting relationship to the Chief, the Band Manager will;
- ensure all programs are developed according to relevant legislation, industry standards, and best practices,
- Implement and monitor the policies and decisions of Council,
- provide strong leadership, vision, guidance and direction to Chief and Council and staff,
- implement dynamic stewarding skills required to inspire staff and play a key role working with the Chief and Council in developing strategic initiatives that meet both current and future needs, and
- manage communications between administration and community members as well as other government agencies and departments, private industry, business and any other stakeholders to build TFN’s reputation, maintain its values and promote economic opportunities throughout their community
Fore more information, and details on how to apply, please click the button below.
View Full Posting
Aboriginal Run / Walk at Tsawout
Are you interested in learning how to run or walk a 10k? Now is your chance! Siona and John-John will be running a program starting this Sunday, January 17th. Come and check it out! All ages welcome! Please see the image below for more info.
JOB POSTING - Homemaker / Adult Care Services
POSITION: Homemaker/Adult Care Services HOURS OF WORK: Casual on-call REPORTS TO: Adult/Elder’ Care Coordinator or designate
POSITION SUMMARY: This position reports to the Adult/Elder’ Care Coordinator and will work with Tsawout community member Adults/Elders, to provide homemaker services, assist with household tasks and provide transportation.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and cook nutritional meals
- Sweep, vacuum or mop kitchen and living room floors
- Clean kitchen and living room areas
- Clean washrooms and mop bathroom floors as required
- Wash dishes and help keep fridge and cupboards clean
- Assist with minor household repairs
- Client transportation, i.e., to the grocery store, pharmacy, medical appointments, and at times to community/Elder gatherings within the community/ies.
- Assist with laundry
- Report unsafe conditions or client concerns to supervisor.
- Keep and maintain a client schedule and submit on a bi-weekly basis (along with timesheets)
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for client rights, dignity, and self worth at all times.
- Attend staff meetings and in-house training as requested
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Tsawout policies and procedures, and as directed by the Supervisor (leave in or take out)
Official Election Results
Below are the official election results of the Chief & Council vote held July 2, 2015.
John Etzel (JP)
To see a listing of the votes cast for each candidate, please click the button below.
View Polling Results
Health & Recreation Grants 2015
Just a reminder that proof of residency is needed for Health & Recreation Grant applications. Any of the following will be accepted:
- Hydro bill
- Phone bill
- Cable bill
- Revenue Canada child tax papers.
The mail that you hand in has to have your name on it. You have to be a Canadian resident to be eligible for the grant. Handing in ID from the United States is not acceptable and you will not be eligible for the grant.
Audited Financial Statement
Tsawout First Nation's Audit Report for 2014 is now available online.Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat to view this PDF file.
For a copy of the report, please click here.
Thank you to Phil Vernon who generously allowed Tsawout First Nation to share his song " The Reefnet" on our website.
Used with permission - excerpt from the liner notes of the 2009 album "Kitale Road"
"The southern Gulf Islands of British Columbia where I live are part of the traditional territories of the W̱SÁNEĆ, or Saanich, First Nations. A description of their traditional fishery in the book Saltwater People by the late W̱SÁNEĆ elder Dave Elliot inspired me to write this song. I have been honoured by requests to sing it at numerous occasions for W̱SÁNEĆ elders and children at cultural events and at the ȽÁU, WELṈEW̱ school."
Click the play button to hear the song.