Position: Counselor for Trauma/ Addictions
21 Hrs per week (Wednesday to Friday)
Rate of pay: pending experience
Under the direction of the Health Director, the Counselor Provides counseling services to clients with substance abuse issues, suffering from post-traumatic stress, family violence, and mental health issues.
Able to utilize interventions/treatment modalities informed but not limited to: Narrative Therapy, Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, EMDR, Somatic Transformation, Multi- generational Family Systems Therapy, and Addiction and Harm Reduction Approaches. Provides assessment, referral, participates in discharge planning, and follow up counseling, following in- patient treatment for mental health/addictions-related hospitalization and residential treatment.
(Full job description available upon request)
Qualifications and related experience:
Preference will be given to, but not limited to those applicants who possess the following:
- A graduate degree in counseling M.A./M.Ed or M.S.W. or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of relevant counseling experience in the area of addictions, trauma and mental health is required.
- CPR and First Aid
- Knowledge and experience of similar program delivery in the context of Tsawout culture and history.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to use tact and good judgment in dealing with sensitive and complex issues.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines of all records, materials and communications concerning client, staff and Tsawout First Nation.
Please submit your resume to: Tsawout First Nation, Hiring Committee
C/o Cathy Webster
Governance/HR Support Manager
7728 Tetayut Road Saanichton, BC
Closing Date: July 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING, HOWEVER, FIRST & SECOND CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO QUALIFIED TSAWOUT STAFF AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS.