Boy's Group Hours :
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
contact the boy's group
Phone Dave Neil: 250-652-1149
Email the group
- Meditation time – in order to allow the boys to ground and center themselves after a long day of school.
- Circle time check in – to promote the boys being heard as their voice is important.
- Tibetan Yoga – To promote gentle stretching and awareness of how exercise benefits our body, reduces stress and promotes thoughts of wellness and well being. As well as the importance of being in the now.
- Circle of Courage – Traditional teachings developed by Dr. Martin Brokenleg. These teachings promote Belonging, independence, gratitude, and mastery of skills. We are also hoping to have the brotherhood come out to do traditional teachings to the older boys, and look to community members who wish to participate in teaching cultural crafts, activities or stories.
- Sports – We plan to end each group with sports as this will settle the boys before sending them home.
All of the activities will be adjusted to suit the age group that is attending for that time period. For instance, the 8 to 10 year olds may attend for an hour and fifteen minutes, where as the 13 and up group may attend for two hours depending on the level of participation.
We encourage participation of a significant adult in the child’s life. This is also a good time for adults participating to reduce and manage stress after a long day.
Download the Boy's Group registration forms here:
Please complete the form for you child, and return it to Dave Niel at the Tsawout Health Department as soon as possible. Group size is limited to ten (10) children and selection will be based on the first children to had in completed registration forms.