Tsawout Band Council is inviting interested parties to tender bids on various housing repair and renovation projects under the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) for Persons with Disabilities.
General items of work for multiple RRAP projects include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Bathroom renovations (shower installation, reconfiguration for better maneuverability, sinks, faucets…)
- Wheelchair ramps (including handrails, concrete pad…)
- Electrical (including upgrades)
- Drywall / Wall Repairs
- Miscellaneous carpentry (installation of hand rails, porch construction…)
- General (door installation, soffit repair, inspect insulation)
- Kitchen renovations (sinks, cabinets…)
- Window installation
- Flooring (including repair of subfloor damage)
TFN is inviting parties to tender bids on specific work items or complete projects (approximately 6 in total). •
Building Permit & Inspection (Capital Regional District): Building permits are required in order to construct, alter, repair or demolish a building or structure. It is the permit holder’s responsibility to call for inspections and ensure that all inspections are carried out. Generally requests must be received at least 24 hours in advance of the desired inspection date.
For additional information (beginning Aug. 29, 2016), please contact Tsawout First Nation Housing Coordinator,
Shana Thorne, at
250-652-9101 (ext. 326).
Bids should be sent to:
Shana Thorne, Housing Coordinator
Tsawout First Nation 7728 Tetayut Road
Saanichton, BC V8M 2E4
250-652-9101 (ext. 326)